Environment Southland has received an application from Schrader Mains Limited (APP-20171005) to establish a new 109 ha dairy farm, use 109 ha of land for new dairy farming of cows, discharge dairy shed effluent from 306 cows to land, take and use 39,220 litres per day of groundwater, install a bore, and construct an agricultural effluent storage pond at 514 Rimu-Seaward Downs Road.
Land Use Consents:
- To establish a new dairy farm. The proposal is a discretionary activity under transitional Rule 17A(a) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- To use new land for dairy farming of cows. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 22 of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
- To construct an effluent storage tank. The proposal is a non-complying activity under Rule 32 of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
- To construct a bore. The proposal is a controlled activity under Rule 22(a) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- To discharge dairy shed and stand off/feed pad effluent to land from up to 306 cows. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 5.4.6 of the Regional Effluent Land Application Plan.
- To take up to 39,220 litres of groundwater per day. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 23(d)(ii) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
Purpose: Dairy Farming Operation.
Location: 514 Rimu Seaward Downs Road at about New Zealand Transverse Mercartor Projection (NZTM) grid reference 1264637E 4851096N. The site is to the south west of Woodlands and is within the Waituna Creek catchment.
Legal Description of Site: Sections 7 and 49 Block II Oteramkia HUN, Lot 1 DP 12478 and Part Sections 5-6 Block II Oteramika HUN
Address for Service: Landpro Ltd, PO Box 302, Cromwell 9342, Attention Zoe McCormack.
Full details of this application are available for inspection below, or at the Environment Southland offices, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm).
Enquiries may be directed to Danielle Petricevich by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 30 May 2017. A submission form is available below or from the Environment Southland office.
Submission form (PDF)
Submissions may also be forwarded by email to email@example.com
Application Schrader Mains Limited
s92(1) Response Electronic Pond Calc
s92(1) Response Evidence - H J M Schrader
s92(1) Response Evidence - K L Wilson
s92(1) Response Evidence - M J Hunter
s92(1) Response Financial Report
s92(1) Response Statement of Evidence K Scott
s92(2) AEE Review Report 19.04.2017
s92(2) Overseer and Mitigation Report 13.04.2017