Environment Southland has received an application for resource consent from South Dairy Ltd. Application APP-20171302 refers to applications for a land use consent for an expanded dairy farm, FDE discharge permit, water permit, and land use consent to construct an effluent pond.Land use consent (expanded dairy farm)
- to increase cow numbers from 599 cows to 750 cows and to increase land within the farm boundary from 165 ha to 252 ha. The modelled nitrogen losses for the property are increasing from 8,037 kg/year to 8,352 kg/year. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 22(a) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.Discharge permit
- to discharge dairy shed effluent and feedpad/standoff pad/calving pad effluent to land from up to 750 cows to land using 100 m3 of deferred storage until 1 December 2017 and 5,565 m3 of deferred storage after 1 December 2017. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 35(c) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.Water permit
- to take up to 90,000 litres of groundwater from the Makarewa Groundwater Zone (in the Regional Water Plan) and the Lower Oreti Ground Water Zone (in the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan). The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 23(d)(ii) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland and Rule 54(d) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.Land use consent (construct effluent pond)
– to construct a new 5,565 m3 synthetically lined effluent storage pond for the purpose of deferred effluent irrigation. This is a restricted discretionary activity under Rule 32(a) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.Purpose:
Dairy farming operationLocation:
373 O’Shannessy Road, Lochiel at about NZTM2000 1241677E 4873820N.Legal Description of Property:
Part Section 47 Block I Winton HUN, Sections 51, 52 and 53 Block I Winton HUN, Lot 1 DP 7035, Lots 1, 2 and 3 DP 377137, Section 11 Block II Winton HUN and a paper road.Address for Service:
Civil Tech Ltd, C/- Murray Gardyne, PO Box 1558, Invercargill 9840.
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm. Enquiries may be directed to Emily Allan by phone, 0800 76 88 45 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss this, call and speak to one of our consents officers who will be pleased to assist you.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
A submission form is available below. Submissions may also be forwarded by email to email@example.com.
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that — (a) adversely affects the environment; and (b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition. Download a submission form
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
1. your name, postal address and telephone number;
2. details of the application you are making a submission on;
3. whether you support, oppose or are neutral;
4. your submission, with reasons;
5. the decision that you wish Council to make; and
6. whether you wish to speak in support of your submission.
You must serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
Additional information on mitigations 18.08.2017
Appendix 1 AUTH-20171302-01
Appendix N Management Plan 14.08.2017
Application South Dairy Limited
Further Information South Dairy Limited (sufficient) 14.08.217
Overseer Nutrient Budgets - Current
Overseer Nutrient Budgets - Proposed
Request for Further Information s92.1 APP-20171302
Revised Assessment of Effects 14.08.2017
Technical Comment - Engineering