Pursuant to s95(4) of the Biosecurity Act 1993, Environment Southland gives public notice of the fact that it has made its decisions on the Fiordland Marine Regional Pathway Management Plan.
Notice of the decisions has been served on all persons who made submissions. Copies of the decisions are available at:
- public libraries within the region – Invercargill, Bluff, Gore, Mataura, Lumsden, Otautau, Nightcaps, Riverton, Stewart Island, Te Anau, Waiau, Winton and Wyndham;
- Environment Southland’s offices on the corner of North Road and Price Street, Waikiwi;
- the offices of the Invercargill City Council, 101 Esk Street, Invercargill;
- the offices of the Southland District Council, 15 Forth Street, Invercargill;
- the offices of the Gore District Council, 29 Civic Avenue, Gore.
Copies may also be requested by contacting Carmen Russell, Planning Assistant at Environment Southland by email: email@example.com or telephone: (03) 211 5115 or toll free (within Southland) 0800 76 88 45. In addition, the decisions may be downloaded from Environment Southland’s website www.es.govt.nz
Under section 96, a person who made a submission on the proposal for the Fiordland Marine Pathway Plan may make an application to the Environment Court on:
- any aspect of the plan;
- whether the plan is inconsistent with the national policy direction;
- whether the process requirements for a plan in the national policy direction, if there were any, were complied with.
The application must be made within 15 working days after the date of this public notice.
If no person makes an application under section 96, Council must make the Plan by affixing its seal, and must give public notice of the making of the Plan and the Plan's commencement date.