Where goods and services we supply have a clear benefit to individuals, we may charge them a fee. Fees and charges are set every three years, in the 'User Charges' section of our Long-term Plan.
View the user charges set in our Long-term Plan for 2015-2025.
User fees and charges primarily relate to:
- user charges under schedules 1 to 6 of section 36
of the Resource Management Act 1991
- incident cost recoveries under the Local
Government Act 2002 and Biosecurity Act 1993
- general cost recovery charges as
outlined in the Building Act 2004
- annual administration, consent monitoring and research & monitoring charges
- Council’s navigation by-laws
- the Official information Act and Meetings Act 1987
Regardless of fixed fees that are paid on lodgement of an application, we only charge actual costs as required by the Act. Refunds are given, or additional fees are charged, whichever is appropriate.
Additional annual Users Charges will apply to all consents. These are payable in advance on the first day of July each year. Schedules 3 and 4 of the Environment Southland User Charges and Fees document outline the fees associated with Annual Administration Charges and Annual Consent Monitoring and Inspection Charges. Schedule 6 Annual Research and Monitoring Charges apply only to surface and groundwater takes.