The first week of the hearing took place from 22 -25 May at the Ascot Park Hotel in Invercargill. Council staff opened the hearing on Monday and Tuesday by providing legal submissions, and giving presentations on:
- water quality state and trend in Southland;
- how the physiographic zones were developed;
- how the physiographic zones have been used in the plan;
- the land sustainability team;
- the provisions in the proposed plan.
Environment Southland staff responded to questions from the hearing panel on their evidence. Nineteen submitters came along and were heard by the hearing panel, and presented a range of evidence from photographs to slide shows which are available below.
The hearing was adjourned until 12 June where it will recommence in Gore. The hearing panel will be undertaking a site visit on the 8th and 9th of June.
Schedule for week one Schedule - Week One
Audio files (MP3)