Environmental Funding for Southland Schools and Community
The aim of the Environmental Education Action Fund is to support schools and communities who, as part of their learning, are taking hands-on action to address an environmental issue.
- Water run off control
- Erosion control
- Regional Parks or other planting for beautification
- Biodiversity protection and restoration
- Urban stream enhancement
- Coastal protection and restoration planting
- The conservation of plants and animals and natural features of New Zealand
- The advancement of knowledge in these matters by way of research, literary contribution, essay or articles, or other effort
- General education of the public to give them an understanding and love of the world in which they live
- Open to children who are part of a New Zealand school group and are endorsed by their school or recognised organisation.
- The projects under consideration for Kids restore New Zealand must be of material environmental benefit to a relevant community in a local area and must be able to be completed by local people as volunteers.
- Projects must contribute to the enhancement, restoration or monitoring of the native flora and fauna of New Zealand.
- The maintenance and improvement of the natural environment
- The advancement of culture and education to achieve excellence at all levels in the community