Congratulations Southland. You've all been an important part of the team of five million who have got us to Alert Level 1. At Environment Southland we appreciate the impact that COVID-19 has had and will continue to have on our communities. While Level 1 means most things are back to normal, we will remain vigilant and encourage our community members to do the same.
Alert level 1 – What does this mean for our services?
Our office is open to the public and our staff are returning back to working from the office. Anybody who is unwell should not visit our office.
As always, there are a variety of ways you can make contact with us:
- call us on 0800 76 88 45
- use our online form on the contact us page
- email us on email@example.com
- follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/environmentsouthland.
Making an appointment
If you wish to see somebody in person, we encourage you to make an appointment to ensure the person you need to see is available. They can also talk through meeting options with you, as we now have more digital options available to help you avoid unnecessary travel and time out from your busy day.
Although we are no longer required to gather information for contact tracing, we have a QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer app on our front door and encourage you to scan this as you arrive. This is a crucial tool to reduce further spread in the event of further outbreaks.
For updated information about our council meetings please visit the meetings page.
Do you need assistance?
We know the COVID-19 situation has placed a huge strain on many in our community, financially and emotionally. Help is available, so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need it.
Those dealing with anxiety or who may be distressed by the pandemic can call or text 1737 any time of the day or week to talk to a trained counsellor.
Emergency Management Southland is continuing to provide welfare support during the COVID-19 recovery. Southlanders who urgently need assistance with access to essential household goods and services due to the COVID-19 situation can contact EMS in the following ways:
- Phone: 0800 890 127
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: Use the 'Contact Us' form on www.cdsouthland.nz
- More information about consents during the winter can be found here: COVID-19 Farming info
- For official information around COVID-19, visit the government’s dedicated website www.covid19.govt.nz
- You can also visit the Ministry of Health website for detailed health information.
- For information on other councils in the region and their planning for COVID-19, visit the websites of the Gore District Council, Invercargill City Council, or Southland District Council.