At Environment Southland we appreciate the impact that COVID-19 has had and continues to have on our communities. At Alert Level 1, we are operating most of our business as usual, but we will continue to take some precautions to help keep ourselves and our community safe. On this page, we’ll keep you updated on what that means for our services but if you have any questions that aren’t answered, please give us a call.
Alert Level 1 – What does this mean for our services?
Our office is open to the public and all our services continue to be available. We still encourage you, where possible, to use alternative ways to contact us:
- call us on 0800 76 88 45
- use our online form on the contact us page
- email us on email@example.com
- follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/environmentsouthland.
During this period we have provided a number of alternative options for meetings that can save you having to travel in to see us. Please give us a call if you would like to set up a digital meeting and we can arrange that. We still encourage you to make an appointment if you wish to see somebody in person rather than just calling in.
We ask you to use the NZ COVID Tracer app to check in if you come to visit us, as this is the fastest way for us to stop the spread of the virus and keep our whānau and communities safe. This is clearly displayed on the door. We also have NZ COVID Tracer booklets available for people who do not have use the NZ COVID Tracer app. Please ask our friendly receptionists about the booklets.
If you are unwell, please do not come to our office. If you have an appointment, please phone and make alternative arrangements.
- For official information around COVID-19, visit the government’s dedicated website www.covid19.govt.nz
- You can also visit the Ministry of Health website for detailed health information.
- For information on other councils in the region and their planning for COVID-19, visit the websites of the Gore District Council, Invercargill City Council, or Southland District Council.