RMA Consent Application - Fawna Farms Limited
Environment Southland has received an application from Fawna Farms Limited for resource consents.
The application (reference APP-20222565) is for the following activities at 1620 Ohai-Clifden Highway:
- to incorporate an additional 165.9 ha block of land into their existing dairy operations to increase the peak number of cows milked from 900 to 1,200 cows, and to use land for dairy farming that was not used for that purpose as of May 2016.
- to discharge dairy shed effluent to land from 1,200 cows and to increase the existing effluent disposal area by approximately 23 ha (less normal buffers e.g., distances from water bodies, property boundaries, etc).
- to take and use groundwater for the proposed expanded dairy operation and stock drinking water for 1,200 cows.
- to convert land on farm to dairy farmland that was not used as dairy farmland prior to 2 September 2020 (Regulation 19 NES-F); and
- to discharge contaminants associated to the use of land for dairy farming (Regulation 24 NES-F).
- as part of the application it is proposed to retire 288.7 ha of steeper contour land from pastoral farming, and to plant the land in Pinus radiata as a contaminant loss offset for the proposed dairy expansion.
This is a short summary of the public notice. Full details of this application and how to submit are available at www.es.govt.nz/notified-consents.
Submissions must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5.00 pm on 14 December 2022.