RMA Application - Blue Sky Meats (NZ) Ltd
Environment Southland has received an application from Blue Sky Meats (NZ) Limited for resource consents.
The application (reference APP-20222295) is for the following activities at 729 Woodlands Morton Mains Road, Morton Mains, Southland:
- discharge of up to 1,506 cubic metres per day of treated wastewater, bio-solids, stockyard solids, paunch, sand and grit onto 77 ha of Blue Sky Meats owned land and 101 ha of third party owned land via K Line pods and a muck spreader.
- to abstraction of 1,500,000 litres per day and 7,000,000 litres per week from three bores for meat processing plant operations.
- discharge of contaminants to air from meat processing plant operations.
- use land for the maintenance and use of three effluent storage ponds for the treatment and storage of meat works effluent.
- to take groundwater for the purpose of dewatering a wastewater treatment and storage pond site.
- discharge of land drainage water and stormwater to water.
This is a short summary of the public notice. Full details of this application and how to submit are available at www.es.govt.nz/notified-consents.Submissions must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5.00 pm on 20 February 2023.