2016 NZFSS Conference
The overarching theme of the conference was Freshwater on the edge' and reflected the push towards the edge of our scientific knowledge, including the scientific innovation to maintain and restore the health of some of our special freshwater resources.
In cases, we may be approaching tipping points for some of our lakes, rivers and estuaries. Can we bring them back from the edge? This conference provided a forum for sharing scientific and environmental knowledge with the concept of ki uta ki tai' running throughout. Leading edge science, restoring important ecosystems and looking to the future of freshwater science were just some of the topics covered at this years' conference.
Our staff presentations
- Poster - Autonomous vertically-resolved monitoring of Lake Manapouri (PDF, 4MB)
- Poster - Calibrated ecological health assessment for Southland's lakes (PDF, 1MB)
- Poster - High frequency water quality monitoring in Southland (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Poster - High resolution surveying for fish habitat models (PDF, 2MB)
- Poster - Improving Knowledge of Bank Erosion Processes in Southland (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Poster - Physiographic Controls Over pH and Alkalinity in Southland's Freshwaters (PDF, 10.8MB)
- Poster - Physiographic controls over Southland's ground and surface water chemistry (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Poster - Protecting coastal lakes from eutrophication (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Poster - State and Trends in Freshwater Macroinvertebrate Community Health in Southland (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Poster - Water quality state and trends for Southland (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Poster - Wetland inventory and monitoring in Southland (PDF, 4MB)