Alliance Group Ltd
Alliance Group Limited has applied for resource consents to enable the ongoing operation, use and maintenance of its Lorneville meat processing plant (the plant).
Six resource consents have been sought for discharges to water, land and air, the taking of water and maintenance of a water intake structure. Alliance Group Limited is seeking a 35 year consent term for the various consents applied for. The consents being sought relate to:
- To discharge treated wastewater to land for temporary storage purposes. During periods of low river flow Alliance Group Limited may need to discharge treated wastewater from an aerobic pond to a storage area. The storage area is 8.3 hectares and provides 83,000m3of storage. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 2(b) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- to discharge treated wastewater from the plant and treated domestic sewage from Wallacetown to the Makarewa River via the Boiler Ditch at a rate of up to 22,730 cubic metres per day. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 2(b)(i) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland. As part of the application an upgrade to the existing wastewater treatment system at the plant is proposed to be implemented by year 15 of the consent that is being sought.
- to discharge treated wastewater directly to land in circumstances where it may enter water via an irrigation system. This discharge will be at a rate of up to 3,000 cubic metres per day and will be discharged to land owned by Alliance Group Limited via K-line pods. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 2(b)(ii) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland. This consent will be surrendered by Alliance Group Limited and the discharge will cease once the upgrades to the wastewater treatment system as described above are completed.
- to discharge treated wastewater to land as waste activated solids generated by the upgraded wastewater treatment system (referred to as biosolids in the application). This is a discretionary activity under Rule 5.4.6 of the Regional Effluent Land Application Plan.
- to discharge waste activated solids (biosolids) generated by the upgraded wastewater treatment system and stockyard solids to a monofill. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 56 of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- to discharge contaminants and odour to air from two coal fired boilers (18 megawatts and 12.7 megawatts), plant operations and odour from the current and proposed upgraded wastewater treatment systems. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 5.5.5 of the Regional Air Quality Plan. The individual boilers operate at varying rates throughout the day and year, relative to the processing occurring at the plant. Odours from the site can originate from existing onsite processes including blood processing, rendering, fellmongery, soup stock facilities, the stockyards and the wastewater treatment system (both current and proposed).
Water Permit: to take and use 22,500 cubic metres per day of surface water from the Oreti River at Lorneville for use in the plant. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 18(e) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
Land Use Consent: to disturb the bed of the Oreti River to undertake periodic maintenance and clearance of debris to maintain a water intake structure and channel. This is a discretionary activity under Rule 47 of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
Location: Lorneville, Southland at about New Zealand Transverse Mercator Projection (NZTM) grid reference 1237823 East, 4856200 North. The site is 7 kilometres north of Invercargill and 2 kilometres east of Wallacetown.
Legal Description of Site: river adjacent to Section 55 Block XIV Invercargill HUN, Lots 32 and 33 Blk II DP 6, Lot 3 DP 10900, Pt Sections 35 and 36 Blk XIV Invercargill HUN, Pt Section 45 Blk XIV Lorneville HUN, Hydro, Crown Land Blk XVI New River HUN, Section 93 Block XVI New River HUN and Lot 1 DP 8017.
Address for Service: Mitchell Partnerships Limited, PO Box 409, Dunedin 9054 or by email to email@example.com
- s42A Staff Report for Hearing (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Assessment of Environmental Effects (PDF, 5.5MB)
- Alliance Group Ltd Application (PDF, 438.1KB)
- Appendix B - Consultation Report -27Nov15 (PDF, 983.2KB)
- Appendix C - Kitson Consulting Makarewa River Cultural Values Report Jul14 (PDF, 4.3MB)
- Appendix D - Alliance Receiving Environment Report (PDF, 8.6MB)
- Appendix E - Ambient Air Quality (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Appendix F - Baseline Odour Survey (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Appendix G - Discharge to Air Process Odour Mitigation (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Appendix H - Plans of Outfall Structures (PDF, 399.8KB)
- Appendix I - PDP Wastewater Summary Report (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Appendix J - Biosolids Land Disposal Assessment (PDF, 3MB)
- Appendix K - Effects on Water Quality, Ecology and Recreation (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Appendix L - Monitoring water quality final Nov 15 (PDF, 694.6KB)
- Appendix M - Coal Fired Boiler Air Quality Assessment (PDF, 5MB)
- Appendix N - Copeland Final Economic Report 5 June 15 (PDF, 525.2KB)
- Appendix O - Water Abstraction Oreti River Assessment (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Appendix P - Lorneville Irrigation Report 2014-2015 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Appendix Q - PDP GW_SW Monitoring Alliance Lorneville (PDF, 8.2MB)
- Appendix R - Wastewater Treatment Odour March 2015 (PDF, 852.8KB)
- Appendix S - Proposed Contingency Biosolids to Monofill (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Appendix T - Lorneville Environmental Monitoring Plan final draft 10-12-15 (PDF, 667.2KB)
- Appendix U - Lorneville Air Discharge Management Plan final draft 10-12-15 (PDF, 509.3KB)
- Appendix V - Conditions (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - John Kyle 4 July (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Azam Khan 4 July (PDF, 8.6MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Daniel Hailes 4 July (PDF, 98.9KB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Frances Wise 4 July (PDF, 520.9KB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Mark James 4 July (PDF, 525.2KB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Michael Copeland 4 July (PDF, 249.1KB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Mike Fitzpatrick 4 July (PDF, 179.8KB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Peter Callander 4 July (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Richard Montgomerie 4 July (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Roger Cudmore - 4 July 2016 (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Applicant's Evidence - Tony Dons 4 July (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Application Forms combined (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Biosolid Analysis Results (PDF, 181.3KB)
- Further Information - Alliance Group Limited (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Further Information Response 17 February (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Decision - Alliance Group Limited (PDF, 1.1MB)
- LEI Report on Information Outstanding (PDF, 155.1KB)
- Note - G Ryder on Other Reports (PDF, 839.3KB)
- Note - G Ryder on Surface Water Abstraction Oreti River (PDF, 646.4KB)
- Note - S Smith and LEI on Wastewater and Biosolids (PDF, 261.2KB)
- Note - S Smith on Air Quality technical Reports (PDF, 255.8KB)
- Ryder Consulting Report on Further Information (PDF, 689.1KB)
- Submitter's Evidence - Fish and Game - 11 July (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Submitter's Evidence - Te Ao Marama Inc - 11 July (PDF, 276.8KB)