LIVE water level map
To view LIVE water level data in a map view, visit our Environmental Data portal.
Flood Warning Operations Centre
The Flood Warning Operations Centre operates up to 24 hours per day depending on the severity and extent of a flood event. The Duty Flood Warning Officer can be contacted via Environment Southland's 24 Hours Emergency Service phone numbers: (03) 211 5244 or freephone 0800 76 88 45.
View all our rainfall sites with live data on our Environmental Data portal.
Catchment sites and flood travel times
- Factsheet - Aparima Catchment - Flood Warning Information (PDF, 755KB)
- Factsheet - Invercargill Catchment - Flood Warning Information (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Factsheet - Mataura Catchment - Flood Warning Information (PDF, 1022.7KB)
- Factsheet - Oreti Catchment - Flood Warning Information (PDF, 883.3KB)
- Factsheet - Waiau Catchment - Flood Warning Information (PDF, 972.7KB)
Environmental Data Information - Telephone Line
An automated telephone message service is available for a number of sites across Southland where up to date information on river levels, rainfall and bathing water quality can be heard. Each site has its own phone number, however all the information can be accessed through the main number 03 211 5010. Technical support is available on (03) 211 5244.