Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application [reference APP-20181765] is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at 266 O'Shannessy Road, Winton;
- Discharge Permit to discharge agricultural effluent to land from up to 700 cows via low rate pods with an instantaneous rate of 10mm/hr at 25mm depth and a slurry tanker.
- Land Use Consent to use land for farming that includes an increase in cow numbers from 599 to 700 and an increase in the area of the farm by 13.9ha.
- Water Permit to take up to 84,000 litres per day of groundwater from a bore for stock water and dairy shed wash-down.
Purpose: Dairy Farming Operation
Location: 266 O'Shannessy Road, Winton at about NZTM2000 1240880N 4874594N
Legal Description of Property: Pt Sec 30 Blk I Winton Hundred, Pt Sec 29 Blk I Winton Hundred, Sec 43, 44, 45 and 54 Blk I Winton Hundred, Lot 1 and 2 DP 449518
Address for Service: Mike Freeman, Landpro Limited, 13 Pinot Noir Drive, PO Box 302, Cromwell 9342.
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Alex Erceg by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 23 August 2019. A submission form is available for download below. Submissions may also be forwarded by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.