Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application (reference APP-20181316) is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at Big Glory Bay, Stewart Island:
- A Coastal permit to allow exclusive and preferential occupation for a marine farm of 16 hectares of the CMA within Big Glory Bay.
- A Coastal permit to discharge shell, sediment and organic material (pseudo faeces from shellfish excretions) on the seabed, and the discharge of water associated with the harvesting of the shellfish.
- A Coastal permit to establish permanent structures such as: mooring blocks located, ropes and buoys, suspended ropes, baskets and trays in the Coastal Marine Area
- A Coastal permit to establish marine farm in the Coastal Marine Area.
Purpose: to establish three marine farms, one of six hectares and two of five hectares.
Location: Big Glory Bay, Stewart Island. The site locations are shown within the application documents
Legal Description of Property: Coastal Marine Area, Big Glory Bay, Stewart Island
Address for Service:
19 The Crescent
PO Box 1262
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Andrew Maclennan by phone to (03) 379 9749 or by email to email@example.com.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 8th March 2019. A submission form is available for download below. Submissions may also be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
Notification Recommending Report