Water meter readings
To provide your water meter readings online, you will need a RealMe account, and be a registered user with us.
Step 1: Become a registered user with Environment Southland
- If you don't have a RealMe account, you will need to create one. This will only take a few minutes.
- Fill out the form to become a registered user for submitting water meter readings with us.
- Note: If you're already a registered user for other online services, you will still need to complete this step.
- We will confirm your registration within two working days.
- Once the registration is complete, you can submit water take readings and view your consent details online.
Step 2: Enter your water meter readings
- Once you’re registered with us, you can log into ‘My Account’ below.
- From the list of your 'Resource Consents', select a permit e.g. ‘Groundwater Take (Consumptive) or 'Surface Water Take (Consumptive)’ and click on the 'Authorisation ID'.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the ‘Enter meter readings’ button.
- Enter your monthly/fortnightly/weekly meter readings. You can either ‘Save for later’ and come back to the Draft Applications to enter more readings at a later stage, or select ‘Submit’ once all your readings for the year are complete.
If you have trouble logging into your RealMe account, please consult the RealMe troubleshooting guide in the first instance. Note that some older browsers and operating systems are not supported.
If you still experience any issues, please call the RealMe helpline 0800 664 774.
Let us know if you get stuck at any stage by calling 0800 76 88 45 or filling out an online enquiry form. We appreciate all feedback.