Water meter readings
To provide your water meter readings online, you will need to be a registered user with us.
Step 1: Register to submit water meter readings online
- Fill out the form to become a registered user to submit water meter readings with us.
- We will confirm your registration within three working days.
- Note: Then you can submit your water meter readings as per step 2 below.
- Note: If you are an existing registered user with Environment Southland, please update your account (first time only) by entering your name and email details.
Step 2: Enter your water meter readings from your resource consent
- Click on ‘My Account’ button below
- Click View against the relevant resource consent.
- Note: the water meter readings form is accessed from your water permit and will have a resource consent description containing words like ‘Groundwater Take (Consumptive)’ or 'Surface Water Take (Consumptive)’ .
- Click on the three dots (ellipses) on the right of the screen.
- ‘Enter meter readings’ will appear and please click. This will take a moment to transfer your consent number and show the form.
- Enter your monthly/fortnightly/weekly meter readings. You can either ‘Save for later’ and come back to your Drafts (under My Forms) to enter more readings at a later stage, or select ‘Submit’ once all your readings for the year are complete.
If you have trouble logging into your RealMe account, please consult the RealMe troubleshooting guide in the first instance. Note that some older browsers and operating systems are not supported.
If you still experience any issues, please call the RealMe helpline 0800 664 774.
Let us know if you get stuck at any stage by calling 0800 76 88 45 or filling out an online enquiry form. We appreciate all feedback.