South Dairy Ltd
Environment Southland has received an application for resource consent from South Dairy Ltd. Application APP-20171302 refers to applications for a land use consent for an expanded dairy farm, FDE discharge permit, water permit, and land use consent to construct an effluent pond.The application and related documents are available for viewing at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries
may be directed to Christine Stenning by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to email@example.com
Land use consent (expanded dairy farm) - to increase cow numbers from 599 cows to 750 cows and to increase land within the farm boundary from 165 ha to 252 ha. The modelled nitrogen losses for the property are increasing from 8,037 kg/year to 8,352 kg/year. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 22(a) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
Discharge permit - to discharge dairy shed effluent and feedpad/standoff pad/calving pad effluent to land from up to 750 cows to land using 100 m3 of deferred storage until 1 December 2017 and 5,565 m3 of deferred storage after 1 December 2017. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 35(c) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
Water permit - to take up to 90,000 litres of groundwater from the Makarewa Groundwater Zone (in the Regional Water Plan) and the Lower Oreti Ground Water Zone (in the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan). The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 23(d)(ii) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland and Rule 54(d) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
Land use consent (construct effluent pond) - to construct a new 5,565 m3 synthetically lined effluent storage pond for the purpose of deferred effluent irrigation. This is a restricted discretionary activity under Rule 32(a) of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
Purpose: Dairy farming operation
Location: 373 O'Shannessy Road, Lochiel at about NZTM2000 1241677E 4873820N.
Legal Description of Property: Part Section 47 Block I Winton HUN, Sections 51, 52 and 53 Block I Winton HUN, Lot 1 DP 7035, Lots 1, 2 and 3 DP 377137, Section 11 Block II Winton HUN and a paper road.
Address for Service: Civil Tech Ltd, C/- Murray Gardyne, PO Box 1558, Invercargill 9840.
- Additional information on mitigations 18.08.2017 (PDF, 376.9KB)
- Appendix 1 AUTH-20171302-01 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Appendix N Management Plan 14.08.2017 (PDF, 263.4KB)
- Application South Dairy Limited (PDF, 48.8MB)
- Further Information South Dairy Limited (sufficient) 14.08.217 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Hearing Decision - 26 April 2018 (PDF, 341.9KB)
- Overseer Nutrient Budgets - Current (XML, 131.6KB)
- Overseer Nutrient Budgets - Proposed (XML, 155.2KB)
- Request for Further Information s92.1 APP-20171302 (PDF, 214.6KB)
- Revised Assessment of Effects 14.08.2017 (PDF, 959.8KB)
- s42A recommending report APP-20171302 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- South Dairy Appendices - Application (PDF, 46.9MB)
- South Dairy Appendices - Part 2 (PDF, 5.3MB)
- South Dairy Appendices - Part 3 (PDF, 7.4MB)
- Technical Comment - Engineering (PDF, 106.2KB)