Physiographics and farm management
Physiographic Zone Technical Sheets have been written for farm professionals and decision-makers. They describe generalised water quality risks associated with individual physiographic zones and their variants, and a summary of mitigation aims.
- Technical sheet - Alpine (PDF, 635.3KB)
- Technical sheet - Bedrock-Hill Country (PDF, 943.8KB)
- Technical sheet - Central Plains (PDF, 728KB)
- Technical sheet - Gleyed (PDF, 731.5KB)
- Technical sheet - Lignite Marine Terraces (PDF, 966.3KB)
- Technical sheet - Old Mataura (PDF, 721.7KB)
- Technical sheet - Oxidising (PDF, 997.2KB)
- Technical sheet - Peat Wetlands (PDF, 745KB)
- Technical sheet - Riverine (PDF, 835.5KB)
A companion User Guide is also available to provide more detailed supporting information, including definitions of terms and supporting data.
- Guide for using the Southland physiographic zones technical sheets (PDF, 660.1KB)
- User Guide Appendix 1 (PDF, 447.1KB)
- User Guide Appendix 2 (PDF, 7.1MB)
- User Guide Appendix 3 (PDF, 146.3KB)
Find out more
View our physiographic zones map to find out your zone.
Find out more about Good management practices and Farm environmental management plans
These documents build on the knowledge obtained from the Scientific Reports. They provide detailed information for the practical application of physiographic zones to farm management.