Form - Commercial Surface Water Activity Log (PDF, 22.4KB)
Discharge permit - dairy effluent
- Form - Person in charge of Effluent System (PDF, 499.3KB)
Effluent irrigation measurement information sheets
Plantation forestry operators are required to submit written notices and plans for afforestation, earthworks, river crossings, forest quarrying, harvesting, replanting wilding species and slash traps. Read more here.
- Written Notice - NES-PF (PDF, 414KB) Plantation Forestry Activities
- Form - Gravel Monthly Return (PDF, 101KB)
The abstraction of fresh water in New Zealand is managed under the Resource Management Act 1991 to protect the environment. Water users generally have to apply for resource consents to take fresh water from its source. As part of the consent the volume of water abstracted must be recorded. This water take data is critical for Environment Southland to manage the fresh water resource in Southland effectively. This includes making efficient use of allocated water, managing groups of water users, monitoring compliance as well as understanding our water resources and ecosystem responses allowing us to plan for the future.
In November 2010 the Resource Management Regulations 2010 (Measurement and Reporting of Water Takes) came into effect, applying to water permits taking 5 litres per second or more. Since 10 November 2016, water takes of 5 litres/sec or more need to be measured and reported.
- Form - ES1 - Piped takes, water meter, datalogger installation/commissioning and verification (PDF, 4.3MB)
- Form - ES2 - Open channel water measuring device installation (PDF, 227.1KB)
- Form - Irrigation Water Take - Daily Meter Readings (PDF, 622.2KB)
- Form - Irrigation Water Take - Start of Season Monitoring (PDF, 623.3KB)
- Form - Person in Charge of Water Permit / Irrigation System (PDF, 484.8KB)
- Form - Water Take Volume Data - Monthly Period 2018/2019 (PDF, 612.3KB)
- Form - Water Take Volume Data - Weekly Period - 2018/2019 (PDF, 647.1KB)