If you have a consents related enquiry and would like to speak with a consents officer, you can reach the team by emailing email@example.com to arrange a call back.
These useful factsheets may also provide answers to your questions.
- Factsheet - Activities in Waterways (PDF, 160KB)
- Factsheet - Agricultural intensification (PDF, 115KB)
- Factsheet - Consent advice for replacing your dairy effluent discharge (PDF, 206KB)
- Factsheet - Cultivation (PDF, 607.3KB)
- Factsheet - Excluding stock from waterbodies (PDF, 199.4KB)
- Factsheet - Farm Environmental Management Plans (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Factsheet - Stockholding areas, feed pads and feed lots (PDF, 142.2KB)
- Factsheet - Fish passage (PDF, 113KB)
- Factsheet - Freshwater rules timeline (PDF, 98KB)
- Factsheet - New agricultural effluent storage facilities (PDF, 2.19MB)
- Factsheet - Ongoing use and maintenance of existing effluent storage facilities (PDF, 858KB)
- Factsheet - Silage storage facilities & leachate (PDF, 172.2KB)
- Factsheet - Taking and using water (PDF, 658.4KB)
- Factsheet - Wetlands (PDF, 156.5KB)
Te Mana o te Wai and your consent application
In a consent application, you must also consider the hierarchy of obligations and demonstrate how you will ensure freshwater is managed appropriately for your activity.
It is important to actively engage tangata whenua to provide a comment on your application if the activity is occurring within or affecting a statutory acknowledgement area or more generally if your activity could affect the quality or quantity of freshwater.