Schrader Mains Limited
Environment Southland has received an application from Schrader Mains Limited (APP-20171005) to establish a new 109 ha dairy farm, use 109 ha of land for new dairy farming of cows, discharge dairy shed effluent from 306 cows to land, take and use 39,220 litres per day of groundwater, install a bore, and construct an agricultural effluent storage pond at 514 Rimu-Seaward Downs Road.
Land Use Consents:
- To establish a new dairy farm. The proposal is a discretionary activity under transitional Rule 17A(a) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- To use new land for dairy farming of cows. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 22 of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
- To construct an effluent storage tank. The proposal is a non-complying activity under Rule 32 of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
- To construct a bore. The proposal is a controlled activity under Rule 22(a) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
- To discharge dairy shed and stand off/feed pad effluent to land from up to 306 cows. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 5.4.6 of the Regional Effluent Land Application Plan.
- To take up to 39,220 litres of groundwater per day. The proposal is a discretionary activity under Rule 23(d)(ii) of the Regional Water Plan for Southland.
Purpose: Dairy Farming Operation.
Location: 514 Rimu Seaward Downs Road at about New Zealand Transverse Mercartor Projection (NZTM) grid reference 1264637E 4851096N. The site is to the south west of Woodlands and is within the Waituna Creek catchment.
Legal Description of Site: Sections 7 and 49 Block II Oteramkia HUN, Lot 1 DP 12478 and Part Sections 5-6 Block II Oteramika HUN
Address for Service: Landpro Ltd, PO Box 302, Cromwell 9342, Attention Zoe McCormack.
- Application Schrader Mains Limited (PDF, 31.9MB)
- s92(1) Response (PDF, 5.6MB)
- s92(1) Response Electronic Pond Calc (DES, 16KB)
- s92(1) Response Evidence - H J M Schrader (PDF, 229.2KB)
- s92(1) Response Evidence - K L Wilson (PDF, 1.7MB)
- s92(1) Response Evidence - M J Hunter (PDF, 1.9MB)
- s92(1) Response Financial Report (PDF, 186.6KB)
- s92(1) Response Statement of Evidence K Scott (PDF, 5.4MB)
- s92(2) AEE Review Report 19.04.2017 (PDF, 97.6KB)
- s92(2) Overseer and Mitigation Report 13.04.2017 (PDF, 491.2KB)