Cashmere Bay Dairy Ltd
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A of the Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application [reference APP-20211381] is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at 145 Jaffray Road, Otamita:
Discharge permit to discharge dairy shed and feed pad effluent to land from up to 1,140 cows by centre pivot, low rate rain gun, K-line pods, high rate umbilical system or high rate slurry tanker.
Water Permit to take up to 136,800 litres per day of groundwater from a bore in the Knapdale and Croydon Groundwater Zones.
Land Use Consent to use land for a feed pad for up to 150 cows during the months of August and September
Land Use Consent to increase the area of the dairy farm by 80.3ha.
Purpose: Dairy Farming Operation
Location: 145 Jaffray Road, Otamita at about NZTM2000 1279598E 4899990N
Legal Description of Property: Section 4 Block I Otama SD, Section 2 Block II Otama SD, Section 5 Block II Otama SD, Part Section 9 Block II Otama SD, Part Section 10 Block II Otama SD, Closed Road Block II Otama SD, Section 14 Block II Otama SD, Lot 2 DP 12628 and Lot 2 DP 324253.
Address for Service: Matilda Ballinger, Landpro, 13 Pinot Noir Drive, Cromwell.
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Jade McRae by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to Jade.McRae@es.govt.nz.
- 01 Hearing Decision Cashmere Bay Dairy Limited.pdf (PDF, 945.2KB)
- 02 Discharge Permit FDE AUTH-20211381-01.pdf (PDF, 948.7KB)
- 03 Water Permit Groundwater AUTH-20211381-02.pdf (PDF, 808KB)
- 04 Land Use Consent Feed pad AUTH-20211381-03.pdf (PDF, 830.7KB)
- 05 Land Use Consent for Farming AUTH-20211381-04.pdf (PDF, 1.4MB)
Application Documents and Further Information
Applicant Hearing Evidence
- 01. Submissions of Counsel for the Applicant 16 May 2022.pdf (PDF, 116KB)
- 02. Draft land use consent conditions 16 May 2022.pdf (PDF, 581.5KB)
- 03. Appendix C updated 16 May 2022.jpg (845.6KB)
- Brief of Evidence of George Raymond - Applicant.pdf (PDF, 84.5KB)
- Brief of Evidence of Matilda Ballinger - Planning evidence.pdf (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Brief of Evidence of Mike Freeman - Groundwater evidence.pdf (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Brief of Evidence of Miranda Hunter - Sustainable Nutrient Management evidence.pdf (PDF, 226.6KB)