Fawna Farms Limited
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A of the Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
A hearing is scheduled to commence 10:00 am 21 March 2023 at Environment Southland, Cnr North Rd & Price St, Invercargill.
The application [reference APP-20222565] is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at 1620 Ohai-Clifden Highway:
- Land Use Consent to incorporate an additional 165.9 ha block of land into their existing dairy operations to increase the peak number of cows milked from 900 to 1,200 cows, and to use land for dairy farming that was not used for that purpose as of May 2016.
- Discharge Permit to discharge dairy shed effluent to land from 1,200 cows and to increase the existing effluent disposal area by approximately 23 ha (less normal buffers e.g., distances from water bodies, property boundaries, etc).
- Water Permit to take and use groundwater for the proposed expanded dairy operation and stock drinking water for 1,200 cows.
- Land Use Consent to convert land on farm to dairy farmland that was not used as dairy farmland prior to 2 September 2020 (Regulation 19 NES-F); and
- Discharge Permit to discharge contaminants associated to the use of land for dairy farming (Regulation 24 NES-F).
- As part of the application it is proposed to retire 288.7 ha of steeper contour land from pastoral farming, and to plant the land in Pinus radiata as a contaminant loss offset for the proposed dairy expansion
Purpose: Dairy Farming Operation
Location: 1620 Ohai-Clifden Highway at about NZTM2000 1201663E 4890884N
Legal Description of Property: Lot 3 DP 340527; Pt Section 94 Waiau SD; Section 1 SO 452868; Section 18 Merrivale Settlement No 2; Pt Section 29 Blk IX Waiau SD; Pt Section 94 Waiau SD; Pt Section 94R Waiau SD; Pt Section 29 Blk IX Waiau SD; Section 16 Merrivale Settlement No 2; Section 110 Waiau SD; Pt Section 8 Blk IX Waiau SD; Lot 2 DP 7360; Lot 7 DP 7360; Lot 6 DP 7360; Lot 1 DP 7360; Lot 3 DP 7360; Lot 5 DP 7360; Lot 4 DP 7360; Section 250 Waiau SD.
Address for Service: Christina Bright (firstname.lastname@example.org), Landpro Limited, 13 Pinot Noir Drive, Cromwell 9342.
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to George Gericke by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to George.email@example.com
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 14 December 2022. A submission form is available below and you may also download a printable submission form and forward the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
s42A Council Hearing Report and Appendices
Applicant Hearing Evidence
- RTC-268249-4-55-1 Letter to George Gericke ES.pdf (PDF, 248.1KB)
- Statement of Evidence of Fawna Farms Limited - Christina Railton - 8 March 2023.pdf (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Statement of Evidence of Fawna Farms Limited - Dan Minehan - 8 March 2023.pdf (PDF, 6MB)
- Statement of Evidence of Fawna Farms Limited - Monique Topham - 8 March 2023.pdf (PDF, 439.9KB)
- Statement of Evidence of Fawna Farms Limited - Simeon Ward - 8 March 2023.pdf (PDF, 2.6MB)
Submitter Expert Evidence
Applicant's Right of Reply
- Applicant's Right of reply - Rex Chapman - Lawyer 24 March 2023 APP-20222565.pdf (PDF, 291.6KB)
- Right of reply - Draft Discharge Permit FDE AUTH-20222565-01_Christina Railton.pdf (PDF, 989.5KB)
- Right of reply - Draft Land Use Consent Use of Land for Farming.pdf (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Right of reply - Draft Water Permit Groundwater AUTH-20222565-02_Christina Railton.pdf (PDF, 799.1KB)
- Right of reply - Proposed planting areas APP-20222565.pdf (PDF, 481KB)