The Long-term Plan details the actions we propose to take over the 10-year life of the plan to manage the region's natural resources sustainably for the benefit of all Southlanders.
Long-term Plan 2018-2028
Environment Southland's Long-term Plan 2018-2028 was adopted on 29 June 2018. It sets out our work programmes and budget, with an emphasis on the next three years.
This is the Council's plan for a thriving Southland. The Council's role is to both lead and partner with others to foster the region's natural resources - water, land, air, coast - enabling Southlanders to access and use them now and into the future. This requires a long-term view that takes into account the complexity of the issues and connectedness of our community - urban and rural - and the world we live in. We've identified the significant issues - water quality and quantity, which remains our top priority; and community resilience, particularly in the face of climate change impacts.
The Big 3 (water, air, biodiversity) of our previous Long-term Plan resonated with many people, and this work has been integrated into ongoing programmes.
- Consultation document 2018: Working together for a thriving Southland
- 2018-2028 Long-term Plan
- 2018-2048 Infrastructure Strategy
- 2018-2028 Financial Strategy
- 2018-2028 Key Assumptions
- 2018-2028 Strategic Intent
- 2018-2028 Consolidated Funding Impact Statement
- 2018 Groups of Activities Summary
- Revenue and Financing Policy
- Significance and Engagement Policy