Southland District Council, Riversdale
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A of the Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application [reference APP-20211306 APP-20147220-02-V1] is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at about 800 metres northeast of the corner of Essex Street and Liverpool Street, Riversdale:
- to discharge up to 260 cubic metres per day of treated wastewater from the Riversdale wastewater treatment plant into the ground through the base of a soakage channel and intermittently into the Meadow Burn. This is an existing activity, and the applicant is seeking a 5-year resource consent until discharge to land via Rapid Infiltration Beds can be commissioned.
- and for amendment of associated conditions of resource consent AUTH-20147220-02, which authorises the discharge of treated wastewater from the Riversdale wastewater treatment plant into the ground via Rapid Infiltration Beds and a soakage channel, with provision to discharge to water in the Meadow Burn only in emergency or extreme events.
Purpose: Community wastewater management
Location: 2 Boston Street, Riversdale, at about NZTM2000 1,271,090E 4,907,925N
Legal Description of Property: Part Lots 5 and 6 DP 92, Part Section 509 Hokonui SD, Lot 7 DP 92 and Lot 8 DP 92
Address for Service: Stantec New Zealand, P O Box 13-052, Christchurch 8141. Email: email@example.com
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Stephen West by phone to (03) 211 5115.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 13 August 2021. A submission form is available below and you may also download a printable submission form and forward the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.