Blue Sky Meats (NZ) Limited
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A of the Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application [reference APP-20222295] is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at 729 Woodlands Morton Mains Road, Edendale:
- Discharge permit for the discharge of up to 1,506 cubic metres per day of treated wastewater, bio-solids, stockyard solids, paunch, sand and grit onto 77 ha of Blue Sky Meats owned land and 101 ha of third party owned land via K Line pods and a muck spreader.
- Water permit for the abstraction of 1,500,000 litres per day and 7,000,000 litres per week from three bores for a meat processing plant and a rendering and blood drying plant.
- Air discharge permit to discharge contaminants to air from a meat processing plant, rendering and blood drying plant and associated boilers, the bio-filter, the salting shed, the wastewater treatment plant including the biogas flare, and the application of treated wastewater, bio-solids, stockyard solids and paunch to land.
- Land use permit for the use of land for the maintenance and use of three non-agricultural effluent storage ponds for the treatment and storage of meat works effluent.
- Water permit to take groundwater for the purpose of dewatering a wastewater treatment and storage pond site.
- Discharge permit to discharge land drainage water and stormwater to water.
Purpose: Meat Works Operation
Location: 729 Woodlands Morton Mains Road, Edendale at about NZTM2000 1264846E 4857558N
Legal Description of Property: Lot 1 DP 14802, Part Lot 7 DP 159, Part Lot 8 DP 159, Lot 1 DP 595 Lot 9 DP 159, Lot 12 DP 159, Lot 13 DP 159, Lot 292 DP 155, Lot 293 DP 155, Lot 1 DP 12194 and Lot 1 DP 8287
Address for Service:
Blue Sky Meats Limited
c/- Mitchell Daysh Limited
PO Box 489
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Ryan Hodgson by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to email@example.com
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 20 February 2023. A submission form is available below and you may also download a printable submission form and forward the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
1 Application Documents and Further Information
- 01 - Application Blue Sky Meats (Part 1).pdf (PDF, 12.9MB)
- 01 - Application Blue Sky Meats (Part 2).pdf (PDF, 44.6MB)
- 01 - Application Blue Sky Meats (Part 3).pdf (PDF, 28.1MB)
- 02 Request for Additional Application s91 - 6 July 2022 APP-20222295.pdf (PDF, 838.6KB)
- 02A Additional Application s91 Response - 29 July 2022 - APP-20222295.pdf (PDF, 11MB)
- 03 Request for Commissioning of Report s92(2) - 1 August 2022 APP-20222565.pdf (PDF, 777.1KB)