2017 NZARM Conference
On 10-12 October 2017, Environment Southland hosted the annual New Zealand Association of Resource Management conference.
Held at Bill Richardson Transport World in Invercargill, the 64th annual NZARM conference was an opportunity for members from across New Zealand to come together to learn, share experience and network with other members. The theme of the conference was Managing soil and water interaction through people and science.
The conference was held over three days - the first day was held at the Transport Museum in Invercargill, and the following two days were field trips around the region to see the people, land and soil that Southland has to offer.
See below for all presentations and posters from the conference, along with selected videos of the speakers.
Conference programme and speakers
- Adam Duker Envirowalk - DairyNZ (PDF, 733.3KB)
- Belief and Riparian Planting of Drains - Hamish Rennie (PDF, 771.3KB)
- Critical Source Areas Opus Consultants - Anne-Maree Jolly (PDF, 1.3MB)
- DairyNZ Community Catchment Group - Julia Christie (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Environmental Baseline of Fresh Water resources - Ricky Singh (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Farm Environment Plans - Environment Southland - Anastazia Raymond (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Farm Environment Plans and the Challenge of Resilience - Hamish Rennie (PDF, 674.5KB)
- Farm Environment Plans Farm Source - Fonterra - Paige Lewis (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Farm Environment Plans Gisborne District Council - Alice Trevelyan (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Land Management Farm Environment Plans Poster_Melissa Macdougall (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Sustainable Land Use Iniative - Horizons Regional Council -William McKay (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Tukituki FEMP poster - Hawkes bay Regional Council - Nicola Mchaffie (PDF, 1.1MB)
- 1 Rob Phillips CEO Environment Southland Welcome to Southland (PDF, 2.1MB)
- 10 Suzanne Hanning Catchment groups in Southland (PDF, 885.5KB)
- 11 Simon Sankey Extension - How do we effect change on farm (PDF, 1.5MB)
- 13 Nick Ward Aparima Catchment Overview for Panel Discussion (PDF, 6.6MB)
- 15 Julia Christie Catchment Groups in Southland (PDF, 288KB)
- 2 Dr Caroline Saunders Lincoln University Global drivers of the agricultural sector on land and water (PDF, 1.8MB)
- 3 Mark Julian - GM Dairy - Landcorp - Landcorp farming and business (PDF, 5.2MB)
- 4 Jonathan Streat Environment Southland - Context, history, policy drivers (PDF, 467.6KB)
- 5 Dr Monique Beyer and Dr Lisa Pearson Physiographics of Southland (PDF, 5.3MB)
- 6 Dr Sam Carrick Topoclimate Genesis and future (PDF, 5.5MB)
- 7 Dr Ross Monaghan Aligning management Practices to sources and pathways of contaminant loss (PDF, 3MB)
- 8 Dr Jane Kitson Murihiku Cultural Water Classification System (PDF, 1.8MB)
- 9 Chris Arbuckle Farming in a challenging Environment (PDF, 3.1MB)
View the playlist of 15 presenters here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBjgrK7mZgA...