Southland District Council - Braggs Bay
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application is to be decided by an Independent Commissioner
The application (reference APP-20191112) is for the following resource consents to authorise proposed activities at Braggs Bay, Stewart Island:
- A Discharge Permit to discharge clean fill and green waste to land that has the potential to enter groundwater, surface water and the coastal marine area.
Purpose: Communal deposition of clean fill and green waste to an existing landfill site.
Location: 47 Braggs Bay - Stewart Island at about NZTM2000 1229609E 4796022N
Legal Description of Property: Section 37 Block I Paterson SD
Address for Service: Christie Robinson, WSP Opus, 65 Arena Avenue, Invercargill
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Tayla Carson by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to Tayla.Carson@es.govt.nz.
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm 7 May 2019. A submission form is available for download below. Submissions may also be forwarded by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission.
You must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Application Southland District Council - Braggs Bay (PDF, 9.9MB)
- File note - Pollution Technical Comment - APP-20191112 (PDF, 146.9KB)
- File note - Science Technical comment - APP20191112 (PDF, 273.6KB)
- Further Information Response - Braggs Bay Landfill (PDF, 113.8KB)
- Request for Further Information s92.1 APP-20191112 (PDF, 650.4KB)
- Revised Site Diagram (PDF, 119.1KB)
- s95-95G Consideration APP-20191112 (PDF, 810.3KB)
- Written Approval SDC and TAMI - APP-20191112 (PDF, 336.2KB)