Te Anau Earthworks Limited
Public notice is hereby given pursuant to S.95A Resource Management Act 1991 that the following application for resource consent has been received by Environment Southland.
The application APP-20191409 is for the following resource consents to authorise the proposed activities on the bed of the Mararoa River, approximately 3.6km downstream of the State Highway 94 bridge at The Key:
Land use consent:
- At site 1, excavation and disturbance of the bed of the river by extracting up to 10,700 cubic metres (m3) of gravel per year by pond excavation method, up to a maximum of 20,000 m3 per year but not exceeding a total of 107,000 m3 over the consent term. Gravel will be extracted over 5 consecutive days within a 3 month work period.
- At site 2, excavation and disturbance of the bed of the river by extracting up to 7,750 cubic metres (m3) of gravel per year by pond excavation method, up to a maximum of 20,000 m3 per year but not exceeding a total of 77,500 m3 over the consent term. Gravel will be extracted over 5 consecutive days within a 3 month work period.
- Extraction of gravel from Site 1 will only commence on completion of all extraction at Site 2.
- Stockpiling up to 5,000 m3 of gravel at any one time on the riverbed.
- Process up to 5,000m3 of gravel at any one time on the riverbed, over 15 non-consecutive days (conditional on favourable weather and river conditions) within each three month work period. Processing includes dry screening and crushing of gravel.
Purpose: Gravel extractionto supply aggregate for roading throughout Southland.
Site 1: at about NZTM2000 1194135 E, 4944419 N
Site 2: at about NZTM 2000 1195167 E, 4944324 N
Stockpiling: at about NZTM 2000 1195487 E, 4944362 N
Processing: at about NZTM 2000 1195822 E, 4944386 N
Legal Description of Property: Crown Land Block II Mararoa Survey District and HYDRO (parcel ID 3301697)
Address for Service: Ken McGraw, 38 Pisa Moorings Road, Cromwell
Full details of this application are also available for inspection at Environment Southland, corner of Price Street and North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill during working hours (8.00 am to 5.00 pm). Enquiries may be directed to Courtney Guise by phone to (03) 211 5115 or by email to Courtney.Guise@es.govt.nz
Submissions on the above application must be received by Environment Southland no later than 5 pm Wednesday 21 August 2019. A submission form is available for download below. Submissions may also be forwarded by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
Submissions must be dated and signed (unless submitted electronically) and must include the following information:
- your name, postal address and telephone number (and fax number if applicable);
- details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- whether it is in support of, or in opposition to the application, or is neutral;
- your submissions, with reasons;
- the decision that you wish Council to make; and
- whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
and you must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.